Sunday, August 5, 2012

My accomplishment and the temptation

So today was a great day! Today is exactly 30 days that I have been Paleo. No mistakes. No cheats. And I must say I'm incredibly proud of myself. I have some great numbers to post up without any shame because I am still going to lose more weight and gain more muscle. 

Starting weight: 136
Waist: 33.5
Hips: 37.5
Arms: 12.5
Legs: 21.5

30 day weight: 127
Waist: 30.5 (-3 inches)
Hips: 35.5 (-2 inches)
Arms: 11.5 (-1 inch)
Legs: 21 (-.5 inch)

I'm extremely happy with what I've accomplished in 30 short days. It took me a year to put on about 15 pounds and in 30 days I'm already down 9. I'm not at the end of my journey, just at the beginning. Tomorrow I'm going to start working out. I haven't worked out at all in the past 30 days and now I'm ready to kick it into high gear. 

So now that I got the good stuff out... Today I went to a family party. My cousin just had a baby and we had a get together to meet the little guy. 

I was starving when I got there and was happy to hear they would have carne asada, chicken, salad, and fruit. I was not so excited to see the many dips, breads, macaroni salad, etc they had. This was by far the hardest day I've had. The temptation was right there in front of me. My family was there saying " oh try this!!" "why arent you eating any? try it" So the entree part was a hard time but I got through it. This is what my plate looked like.

Now this was delicious. Everything was really good. Did I want a side of macaroni salad? YES. Did I want a couple of tortillas to put my meats in? YES. Did I want a soda to wash it all down? YES!!! You know what else I want? To look good in a bikini and play volleyball on the beach. So I stuck to the meal above. 

Then came dessert. As if the main course wasn't hard enough, everyone started to head upstairs for cobbler, ice cream, pandulce, and milk. All things I have no business eating. I walked in for just a minute to watch everyone enjoy themselves and catch a pic.


I said no to the temptation. Why work 30 days as hard as I did, lose a great amount of weight, and then "reward" myself with crap. It's just not worth it to me yet. On that note, I will have cheat days one day. Further in the future when I feel like I'm a lot closer if not at my goal. It will have to wait until then because ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT! 1 minute of yumminess in my mouth will equal probably a week of regret. 


I did feel the need for something so I stopped at fresh and easy,  grabbed a cup of coffee bean coffee, added a good amount of unsweetened almond milk, and some cinnamon. It was just what I needed to get rid of my little sweet tooth. Delicious! 



No comments:

Post a Comment